Diaphragmatic breathing: the most common mistakes (that even experts make!)Feb 15, 2022
In this video we look at some common mistakes and a number of details that can make one of the most powerful techniques- diaphragmatic breathing- ineffective.
In the video we discuss:
- The balloon metaphor: 9 times out of 10 it is misinterpreted and, paradoxically, limits the movement of the diaphragm
- How does the diaphragm move physiologically? Let's take a look at a 3D animation showing anatomical connections to understand what measures are needed
- How to breathe to obtain a "Vagal Reset" effect
- How to terminate a stress response
- How to use our breath to "make the body feel" all our available resources
- The "second diaphragm" (located in the mouth) and how it can block the main diaphragm. What can be done to avoid this?
New versions of Cross Cycles Breathing and Breathing in the Square will be available shortly. Come back to our website soon and subscribe to the newsletter (below) to receive updates.
In the webinar we show The Integrative Functional Patterns (discover more) focusing on the concept of Termination.
In the final part we also talk about the tension we have in our mouth and neck. If you are interested, you can find a technique (or rather 3 techniques rolled in one and its different variations) to release physical and emotional tensions in this area, here.
Are you interested in a broader and more global approach? Discover the Integrative Sciences HUB.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.